Net-a-porter UK Wedding

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Tribute to 50's Glam at DFW S/S 2010-Day 1

Photos by "Des" of Harry Cruz Photography, Hair & Make-up by Elyazia Beauty Center International City, Earrings belong to my mom, Bracelets- some are vintage & some are from Forever 21, Dress is from "The Cabinet Room", Tights from Forever 21, Hair Bow and Shoes are from New Look.

I was so excited on the first day of Dubai Fashion Week S/S 2010! However, this was the only day my hair and make-up were done in time for the show, and didn't eat until I got home at 11pm...HUNGRY! lol Over all, the first was good-nice crowd-and the runway shows were fun to watch. I decided to take pictures next to the Lamborghini on display outside the venue. During the break (between the designer's shows), I found my way to the fashion lounge to chill-out and take more photos.

These photos are my favorite, especially the one with the ferris wheel in the background. People told me I looked like a 50's pin-up girl. I was going for something vintage, but didn't want it to look costomey..Hopefully I pulled it off. The next day, I was featured in the local Gulf News Tabloid for "Best Dressed", which was nice...what do you think?

5 comments:

D W JazzLover said...

Great Look! You really pulled it of in Style....I see a trend starting!

Unknown said...

I have seen you there you looked great :)

Lady X said...

Oh yeah I saw those shoes in New Look they are HOT! You look good! Love the way everything was put together.

Nia B said...

Thanks everyone for you wonderful comments. I really like this outfit and the shoes (believe it or not) were so comfortable! I believe you can be comfortable and beautiful at the same time. Why do people say beauty has to hurt! lol I look forward to your next visit and comments.

Tc,

Nia B

Maha M said...

Great outfit you look amazing!
good to see someone else blogging from this side of the world.

Meho xx