Net-a-porter UK Wedding

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Black Beauty Inspiration

Miss Fashionista Ellen Holly

Stunning Miss Lavandar Carter
Miss Betty McLaurin Miss Marva LouisMiss Katherine Dunham
Miss Joyce Bryant
Miss Margarat Whitten
Miss Una Mae Carlisle
Miss Louis Franklyn

Yesterday, my mom and I came across this video on YouTube, which put together a list of the Black/African American stage and screen stars of the 1920's to the 1950's. Surprisingly, I had no previous knowledge of most of these women, however, I was amazed at how beautiful and fashionable these ladies where back then! So, I thought I would share some photos of these gorgeous starlets of the past, with you. I must admit...as soon as I saw these photos, I was totally inspired! I hope you will be too.
Let me know what you think.

6 comments:

D W JazzLover said...

My Mother was one of the Beauties of the time,,That is where my inpiration comes....
Thank you for posting this...
D

Tamia said...

Ah, definitely inspired. Great blog!

The Queen of Hearts said...

This was amazing. I can't say that I wasn't aware because I was (and am, haha) but I'm glad you decided to share this with the world! Are you black?

Stephanie said...

I love your style!!! Please visit my blog and let's connect.
easylifeguide.blogspot.com

Socialite14 said...

Hey Nia checking out your blog for the first time and I am impressed greatly.Keep up the great work and I am truly insprired by the piece of Black women fashionably dressed.I love the style of their era but would not find anything with them instead all I saw was Grace Kelly its great that you put this on you blog!!! All the best.xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love it, such a beautiful portrayal of forgotten history!